I. In order to work most efficiently, Stephanie proposed adding official positions for EGO officers. After unanimous approval, the positions are as follows:
- President: Stephanie Weaver
- Treasurer: Amy Lueck
- Secretary / Blog: Elizabeth Chamberlain
- MA Student Liaison: Megen Boyett
- PhD Student Liaison: Ashley Ludewig
- Faculty Liaison: Ben Wetherbee
- Social Chair: Amy Nichols
II. Susan Ryan contacted Stephanie about getting an EGO representative to conduct a survey of students re: satisfaction with course offerings.
- Ben volunteered and will contact Dr. Ryan.
- Amy did it two years ago, via Survey Monkey, and is willing to offer further help.
- Drew did it last year and might have suggestions.
III. There will be a faculty search this year, for three comp/rhet spots. Bronwyn will soon be contacting EGO, asking us to elect a student rep.
- Megen has volunteered to handle the election of that student rep.
- She will send out three sets of emails: (1) “This position is open. Please contact me if you’re interested by X date,” (2) “These people are interested, please vote,” (3) “A winner has been elected.”
- Positions are fairly open-ended: history, director of comp, public rhet., or “anything else.”
IV. EGO will be having a Halloween Party this year.
- Date will be Saturday October 26th.
- Location: Amy Nichols has offered to host. She’ll check with housemates this week to confirm.
- Food: EGO has a few burgers left from the party. All other food will be potluck. We’ll do a Sign Up Genius to make sure we get food in several categories. Ashley proposes a “Halloween-themed” food category.
- Decorations: We have enough in the EGO budget to get some inexpensive decorations & prizes for a costume contest.
- Entertainment: Stephanie has this totally awesome game called Ultimate Werewolf. Also, we’ll do some kind of costume contest; we may do white elephant-style prizes for subcategory winners.
- We should send out a Save the Date email soon.
V. Treasurer responsibilities.
- Amy will have the checkbook. If you buy anything for EGO, keep your receipt, give it to Amy.
- She’s also in charge of checking EGO mailbox. There’s a cardboard box up in the English office, too (’cause we’re classy like that).
VI. Liaisons will email students today, informing everyone about the dates/times of EGO meetings.
VII. Stephanie has keys to the EGO closet.
VIII. Next meeting: Friday, October 11, at 3 pm in the EGO kitchen.