TRAVEL/RESEARCH FUNDING APPLICATIONS
Deadline 4 p.m. March 11 – Grant Opportunity via Commission on Diversity and Racial Equality (CODRE)
Deadline March 25 – A&S Research & Creative Activities Grant for Graduate Students
“Making a Genre Their Own: Women’s Letterwriting Practices in the Bagot Family Collection.”
- Tuesday, March 8
- 9:30 a.m.
- Ekstrom W104
- Paper presentation by Keri Mathis from her dissertation research.
- Thursday, March 10
- 6-7:30 p.m.
- Chao Auditorium in Ekstrom Library
- This event will focus on the role of Black women in the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement, and Black women in leadership positions within organizations then and now. A small reception will be held in the Ali Institute at 7:30pm following this event.
- Friday, March 11
- 7 p.m.
- Khirsten Echols’ House
*SPRING BREAK MARCH 14-18*
- Thursday, March 24
- 2-4 p.m.
- Houchens 105
- Friday, April 1
- 2-4 p.m.
- Shumaker Research Building, Room 139
- Women in Community Engagement SIGS has invited a number of women who participate in community engaged projects and engaged scholarship to serve as panelists for this event. Panelists will share their own experiences in developing reciprocal community partnerships and documenting their community work for various audiences. The event will offer attendants a forum to discuss their own questions about being a woman interested in community engagement and the opportunities and the hurdles this type of work can bring.
- Presenters Cate Fosl, Associate Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies; Mary P. Sheridan, Professor of English; Anna Faul, Professor and Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in Kent School of Social Work; Vicki Hines-Martin, Professor and Director of the Office of Health Disparities in the School of Nursing; Monica Wendel, Associate Professor of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences; Billie Castle, Doctoral Fellow in Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences; Beth Boehm, Dean of SIGS (Moderator)
Save the Date! EGO Book Sale
- Wednesday April 13 – Friday April 15
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day.
- Bingham Humanities Building
- ***We will need graduate student volunteers to staff this each day!
Save the Date! Layne Gordon’s Baby Shower
- Saturday, April 16
- More details to come later.
End of Semester EGO Party
- Friday, April 29
- Tentative 6:30 p.m.
- Location TBD
CALLS FOR PAPERS
Deadline extended to March 8, 2016 – Cultural Rhetorics Conference
Deadline March 15, 2016 – The Great Depression in Children’s Literature; Symposium at Cambridge University
Deadline March 18, 2016 – Western States Rhetoric and Literacy Conference
Deadline April 25, 2016 – ASLE Graduate Student Symposium “Toxic Borders and Bondages: Intersecting Ecology with Capitalism, Racism, Heteropatriarchy and (Dis)possession”
Deadline May 15, 2016 – Special Issue of Praxis: A Writing Center Journal Access and Equity in Graduate Writing Support
Deadline July 15, 2016 – Call for Manuscripts “Beyond the Dream:” Black Textual Expressivities between the World and Me with Guest Editor David. E. Kirkland with Julie Gorlewski and David Gorlewski
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
“What I’m Working On” series
“What I Wish I’d Known in Graduate School” series
This week, we are featuring a piece by assistant professor Dr. Tim Johnson.