- Rick Wysocki is the digital media research assistant this year. He will have open hours in the Mac Lab (HUM 204) all semester to help Faculty, Graduate Students, and Students with multimodal and digital projects. His hours are Mondays and Fridays from 1-2 p.m. From Rick: “As mentioned above, I’m happy to help people across the university with their digital/multimodal projects. It is also a good thing for teachers to let their students know about if they need access to a computer or specifically to a Mac.”
- If you haven’t already, register for the Watson Conference today! The conference is free to UofL graduate students.
EGO Committee Interest Meeting
- Tuesday, August 30
- 3 p.m.
- HUM 333
- Any current MA or PhD students interested in serving on this year’s EGO committee are welcome to attend.
Fall Fest Multicultural Expo
- Wednesday, August 31
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- West Plaza & Red Barn
Minority Association of Graduate Students (M.A.G.S.) presents “Surviving Graduate School” workshop
- Friday, September 16
- Noon-1 p.m.
- SAC Visit Room
Sharon Marcus, Orlando Harriman Professor of English and Comparative Literature and Dean of Humanities, Arts and Sciences, Columbia University talk on “The Stuff of Theater”
- Monday, October 10
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Chao Auditorium (in the basement of Ekstrom Library)
Thomas R. Watson Conference: Mobility Work in Composition: Translation, Migration, Transformation
- Thursday, October 20-Saturday, October 22
- All day
- Bingham Humanities Building and Strickler Hall @ UofL
Deirdre Lynch, Harvard University talk on “Poems out of Place and Books Unbound”
- Friday, November 4
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- HM 205
*Check out the Writing Center events calendar for upcoming writing events.
*Check out the PLAN Workshop series through the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies for professional development workshop opportunities.
CALLS FOR PAPERS
- Accepting proposals between August 15-October 10 – 38th Annual Ethnography in Education Research Forum
- Deadline November 1, 2016 – CCC Special Issue CFP – “The Public Work of Composition”
- Deadline November 1, 2016 – 38th Annual Southwest Popular and American Culture Conference