Cardinal Compositions: Call For Editorial Team
Applications due Monday, December 5th
Cardinal Compositions is gearing up for another year of collecting, curating, and publishing student writing and multi-modal projects. We are looking for a new set of editorial team members for Cardinal Compositions, the UofL journal of student writing, for the 2017-2018 academic year. The editorial cycle for this position will begin in January 2017 and extend through May, 2017, with one member continuing on to maintain the online version of the journal through December 2017.
Members of the editorial team will receive a nominal stipend—and a nice line on the cv as well. All instructors who teach in the Composition program are encouraged to apply.
To apply for the Cardinal Compositions editorial team, email a one-page letter that covers (at least) the following:
· Your interest in this position, including your interest in student writing and publication
· The editorial and leadership skills that you bring to this team, including previous experiences with editing, collaborative projects, and digital work
Email your 1-page letter to the Director of Composition, Beth Willey: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of English Composition Committee and the Director of Composition will review applications and make editorial team selections. We expect to have decisions made and the Cardinal Compositions Editorial Team named by December 15th.
Rick Wysocki is the digital media research assistant this year. He will have open hours in the Mac Lab (HUM 204) all semester to help Faculty, Graduate Students, and Students with multimodal and digital projects. His hours are Mondays and Fridays from 1-2 p.m. From Rick: “As mentioned above, I’m happy to help people across the university with their digital/multimodal projects. It is also a good thing for teachers to let their students know about if they need access to a computer or specifically to a Mac.”
*Check out the Writing Center events calendar for upcoming writing events.
*Check out the PLAN Workshop series through the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies for professional development workshop opportunities.
CALLS FOR PAPERS
- Deadline December 10, 2016 – 2017 Charles F. Fraker Conference The Image Reframed: Visions of Instability
- Deadline January 8, 2017 –9th Conference of the European Association for Teaching Academic Writing (EATAW) on Academic Writing Now: Poly, Pedagogy and Practice
- Deadline January 15, 2017 – CCCC Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference