Digital Media Research
Rick Wysocki is the digital media research assistant this year. He will have open hours in the Mac Lab (HUM 204) all semester to help Faculty, Graduate Students, and students with multimodal and digital projects. His hours are Mondays from 1-2 p.m. and Fridays from 203 p.m. From Rick: “I’m happy to help people across the university with their digital/multimodal projects. It is also a good thing for teachers to let their students know about if they need access to a computer or specifically to a Mac.”
University Writing Center Workshop: Creating Effective Digital Assignment Descriptions
- Wednesday, March 1, 1-2 p.m.
- The University Writing Center welcomes instructors and professors from all disciplines to come share ideas about digital assignments and discuss ways to effectively describe and scaffold digital projects. During this event, one of our Assistant Directors will discuss strategies for effective assignment design, and writing consultants will be available to help you workshop your own digital assignment descriptions.
- Contact Layne Gordon at email@example.com with any questions
Discourse and Semiotics Workshop: Lisa Wagner, Department of Spanish Mapping Louisville’s Linguistic Landscape: A Pedagogical Tool for L2 Teaching and Learning
- Friday, March 3 from 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Stevenson Rm. 407
“Teaching the Essay in a Digital Age” by Joseph Harris Talk
- Wednesday, March 22 at 4 p.m.
- Chao Auditorium in Ekstrom Library
Graduate Student Research Conference and 3-Minute Thesis Competition
- March 24-25
- Link to submit a paper or poster presentation for the conference: https://louisville.edu/graduate/gsc/research-conference
- More information about 3MT: http://louisville.edu/graduate/plan/threeminutethesis
- Link to submit a 3-Minute Thesis proposal: https://louisville.edu/graduate/gsc/forms/3MT_2017
Discourse and Semiotics Workshop: Lisa Björkman of Urban and Public Affairs Leads discussion of The Ethical Life by anthropologist Webb Keane
- Friday, April 14 from 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Ekstrom Library W210
Check out the Writing Center events calendar for upcoming writing events.
Check out the PLAN Workshop series through the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies for professional development workshop opportunities.
CALLS FOR PAPERS
FEATURED BLOG POSTS